To attain the A.I.M.A Designation, members must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the seven (7) A.I.M.A. designation courses below
- Have a minimum of one (1) year's experience in the field of property assessment, as defined by the National Occupation Classification (NOC 2011 - 1314).
- Be an active member of the Institute of Municipal Assessors in good standing
A.I.M.A. Course Requirements
- IMA-300 The World of the Assessor
- IMA-301 Introduction to Real Property Assessment
- IMA-305 Property Assessment Concepts and Methods
- IMA-311 Data Management for Real Property Assessment
- IMA-321 Fundamentals of Canadian Assessment Law
- IMA-343 Statistics for Real Property Assessors
- IMA-350 Ethical Guide for the Assessor
Ready to Apply?
- When you you meet the above requirements, you must submit a Course Ascension Application to have your course completions and work experience verified.
Once the application is processed, you shall be entitled to use the designation A.I.M.A. after your name.
Recognized External Courses
- Have you taken property assessment courses with an external academic institution or organization? Review the Prior Learning Assessment Recognition's (PLAR) Recognized Courses page to see if your course qualified for exemption or challenge exam.